I was nominated by the very sweet and beautiful Nicole from Happy Wife Yuppy Life for the Liebster Award 2017, If you’re not already subscribed to this blog you really should head on over there and start following. I first met Nicole on Instagram and fell in love with her home photos. Does anyone else like looking at photos of beautiful homes? A short time later I discovered her blog and I’m so glad I did. She put together this fabulous garland for her daughters 8th birthday which was the cutest. I have boys so I always live vicariously through moms of girls. haha! Oh and she has this patio that she decorated for Fall and will make you want to grab a hot cup of tea and a good book and go curl up in one of those fabulous wicker chairs with that amazing plaid throw. Seriously go check it out here.
She also designed the cutest Jack & Jill bathroom for her little ones, the pops of orange in this space are amazing. I love the sink and tile. Seriously obsessed!! Oh and just wait until you see her kitchen and fabulous front door!! This girl has an eye for decor!! I’m so grateful we found each other through Instagram. I’m really looking forward to her future posts and watching her DIY and Decor journey!!
The Liebster Award is an internet blogging award and is awarded to bloggers from other bloggers. Especially new bloggers to help create a blogging community, encouragement and give readers and followers a chance to learn about other bloggers and a little about the writer behind their favorite blog.
Liebster Award 2017 Rules:
• Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
• Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post, or by having it as the feature image.
• Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
• Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
• Answer the questions from your nominator.
• Nominate blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
• Ask your nominees questions of your own.
• List these rules in your post.
• Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
• inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award
• provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
• If you would like a more detailed list of the rules, click here.
10 Things About Me:
1.I love scary movies and ghost shows. My favorite scary movies are The Conjuring and the Original Halloween. I also love to watch reruns of A Haunting and usually have one from the DVR playing on tv when I’m cleaning. I also love the original Law and Order and Law and Order Criminal Intent. I could watch both of these over and over as well. I don’t really get into to many of the newer tv shows. I did binge watch Pretty Little Liars on Netflix last winter which was the first time I had ever done that with a show I hadn’t seen before.
2. I have two sons ages almost 13 (couple more weeks) and 11, both in middle school and I can’t believe it! I remember when they were babies. I don’t mind them growing up though, it’s so much fun to watch them grow into their own and become the people their meant to.
3.I don’t drink coffee except for a random Pumpkin Spice Latte in the Fall which I don’t have often because I don’t drink a lot of milk but I love coffee flavored anything especially ice cream and my mom’s coffee frosting on brownies.
4. I have an obsession with green tea, I always have a pitcher in the fridge and every day at lunchtime I make an unsweetened iced green tea with extra ice no matter what time of the year. I also love it hot with raw local honey. Other than tea I just drink water plain or with ice and lemon.
5. My husband and I only dated 5 months before we got engaged and married. Sometimes you just know and we just knew.
6. I am the only girl in my immediate family, with 4 brothers. They always say I’m mom’s favorite too but I don’t think so. Making me glad I had two boys because I honestly wouldn’t know what to do with a girl. haha! I am looking forward to having future daughter in-laws.
7. I can eat the same thing for lunch for weeks, maybe even months.
8. I hate trying to make small talk with people to fill time. The introvert in me finds this so hard but I can have meaningful conversations with people for hours about subjects I love or want to know more about.
9. I love clothes, shoes and hand bags. I could be wearing a $200 pair of jeans or a $20 pair of shorts from Target, I just like what I like I don’t care where it comes from. I love the color black and usually gravitate towards colors in the black and gray family. I also like a plum purple every now and then. Seriously though black is my color!
10. Speaking of clothes if you show up at my house after 4pm in the fall/ winter after the time change I’m dressed like a homeless person from the waist down with big baggy V.S. diaper butt boyfriend sweats and fully dressed for the day from the waist up. It’s cold and dark here in Maine it’s a wonder I’m awake after 4pm. So I at least want to be cozy and comfortable.Haha!
Questions From Nicole:
*Do you have any hobbies?
Yes, I love to read a lot! I always have a book with me and I’m always buying new ones to read meaning my to be read list never gets any shorter. I also love to decorate and go shopping for decor. I also enjoy experimenting with new recipes and baking.
*How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging since June of this year (2017), I had thought about doing it for a while before that but always made silly excuses. One day I just decided it was time to go for it.
*My favorite travel memory?
My favorite travel memory is the first time we took the kids to Boston back in 2011, it was so much fun to see this city through their eyes. We stayed in one of our favorite hotels that has a view of Fenway park right from your room and had so much fun exploring. Not to mention all the sweet treats we brought home from the Italian bakeries.
*What is your favorite food?
My favorite food has got to be chicken and gravy over freshly baked yeast biscuits with a side of roasted butternut squash! YUM!!
*Do you have any pets?
Yes we have two black labs, Nero is 4 and Luna is 3, they are actually cousins…their dads are brothers. We also have one cat Orri who is 14 and supervises the dogs. She was 9 when we got her and before that had been in the shelter for 7 years. She’s an amazing cat and I’m really glad we could give her a wonderful home after all she had been through.
*What is your favorite tv show or movie?
My favorite show is a tie between A Haunting and Law and Order Criminal Intent, both I have seen a bazillion times. haha!
*Do you still live in your hometown?
No I live about an hour away from my home town, but my parents and husbands parents still live there.
*Why did you decide to start blogging?
I started blogging as a way to channel my creative energy, I have always loved to write and take care of my home so I thought it would be a perfect way to combine these two loves. It actually took me a couple of years to actually start but the idea had been there for a while. Now that the boys are getting older and more independent it just seemed like the right time. I also wanted a place to share advice about curly hair because I often have people come up to me when I’m out to ask how to take care of it.
*What is your favorite thing about blogging?
My favorite thing about blogging is coming up with the ideas and then putting them into words and following the process through from the editing to the photos. I just have so much fun working on a post.
*What is your advice for someone thinking of starting a blog?
My greatest advice for someone who is thinking of starting a blog is to remain yourself, don’t try to mold yourself for other people. You need to do you and the right people will come along as followers. Also if your thinking of doing it than just jump right in and do it!!
Ok so now the people I’m nominating are three of the most amazing people I have met in this blogging world. They all have amazing blogs and stories to tell, I hope you will take a trip over to their sites and check them out for yourself.
Debbie is one of the nicest people I have ever met that I have never met in person, she is a wife and mom who has some amazing recipes like her chili that I made the other night and everyone loved. When she writes recipe posts she keeps the beginning cook in mind taking you through each step as you go to help you prepare the dish. Her husband is the professional photographer in the family but the pictures she takes and posts could give him a run for his money. They are beautiful. She has an amazing way with decor and her home and is the type of place you’d want to go to weekly for Sunday dinner. Seriously and to sit in this dining room while you eat, I’m in love! Debbie has so many amazing posts and you will surely leave her blog a happier person.
Linsie is one of the sweetest Mom’s I have met in a long time, she also loves Law and Order CI!! That was the moment I knew we were meant to be friends. She was one of the first followers and supporters I had on this journey and is always one of the first to show me support on an Instagram post. Linsie always goes out of her way to make someone feel special. If your a toddler mom you will love Linsie’s kid friendly meal prep posts like this one, she preps food for her kiddos to help save time during the week. Hello? What toddler mama can’t use that fabulous information! She also creates some amazing recipes like these meatballs, talk about a smart way to get veggies into those picky little ones. Linsie is beautiful inside and out and you will not regret checking out her blog. She makes everyone feel good and she has an amazing sense of humor too!
Tanya is one of my favorite fashion bloggers and such a sweet girl, she is a military wife which to me shows her amazing strength right there. She always leaves the sweetest comments and you can just tell how authentic she is. Like me Tanya started her blog as an outlet for her creative energy and when she wrote this post I knew right away I loved her personality and style. We often find ourselves caught up in this comparison game and she hit the nail on the head when she wrote this post. She always posts the cutest outfits on her blog and her Instagram feed. Tanya has an eye for fashion details that I admire so much like with this outfit, so cute!!! I’m so excited to see what she puts together for Fall outfits. If you love fashion you should definitely check out my beautiful friend Tanya and her fabulous blog!
My 10 questions for these beautiful ladies….(Looking forward to seeing your answers ladies!)
Who is your favorite author?
What is your most recent book you have read?
What is your favorite quote?
Do you have a person you admire and why?
If you could spend the day with someone living or past who would it be?
What are five things you can’t leave the house without?
Favorite place to shop?
Favorite piece of decor in your home?
Your best tips for a new blogger?
What is the you favorite piece of advice someone gave you about life and who gave it to you?
I hope you will take a chance to visit these three ladies sites and have a look around, you won’t be disappointed. Debbie might even have some delicious french press coffee going for you to go with Linsie’s butterfinger cookies and you don’t want to miss any possible clothing sales that Tanya might let you in on.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post, I hope you enjoyed reading some fun facts about me, if you have any questions or comments don’t hesitate to reach out, I love hearing from you.
If you haven’t subscribed yet I would love it if you would click that button over on the right or sign up via email. I would hate for you to miss any of my future posts!
Have a wonderful week!!